1. Is your dog people-oriented, sociable, friendly and confident?
2. Will your dog initiate contact, stay engaged, make eye contact, and allow their behaviors to be redirected?
3. Is your dog well-mannered; i.e., doesn’t jump up on people?
4. Is your dog able to disregard food or toys on cue, e.g., with a “leave it” command?
5. Is your dog comfortable being petted, at times awkwardly?
1. Are you a considerate and caring leader?
2. Do you have a relationship with your dog that reflects a loving partnership?
3. Are you able to be a proactive advocate for your dog?
4. Do you know how to enhance your dog’s abilities to be his or her best with the people they are visiting?
5. Do you know what your dog’s signs of stress are and can you reassure your dog with cues, or commands as needed to help them be successful?
© 2013, CAREing Paws, Inc.
All Rights Reserved.
Protected by US and International Copyright Laws.
Changing lives, one chapter at a time